Why should I invest passively in Commercial Apartment Syndications or Self Storage? | PASSIVE INVESTOR

admin Thursday July 15th, 2021

This question came about while talking to a passive investor (commercial apartments syndication) and wanted to share this information here.

Her question: Why would I want to put my money in a deal for 5-8 years?

My answer:

1- Cash flow

2- Bonus depreciation that can offset any other passive income (tax breaks)

3- It might not be 5-8 years that your money is deployed- Most deals do a refinance. If the deal you are investing in, plans to refinance the asset, the passive investors would be pay off a portion of their money invested. Read the deal’s business plan and ask exit strategy questions.

For example, one deal we are passively investing in is planning on refinancing the asset 2 years after acquisition. This will return 80% of our invested money. This leaves 20% of the invested money to cash flow for the rest of the holding period of the asset.

If you have any questions or need more information as you dive to become a passive investor please reach out. I would be happy to share my experiences as a passive investor in over 1,000 apartment units, over 6 markets.

Visit us and connect with us using any of the links below:


Read our Newsletter and free educational material


Connect with us at



Invest with us



Get your eBook Real Estate Investing made simple


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Related Blogs

The Power of Diversification

/ /

Diversification in Real Estate Assets: Real estate has long been considered a stable and lucrative investment avenue. Investors have traditionally focused on residential and commercial properties, but the world of real estate investing has expanded significantly in recent years. One strategy that has gained prominence is diversification in real estate assets. In this blog post, […]

Read More →

Reasons to Invest on Apartment Syndications: Cashflow vs Equity vs Appreciation

/ /

Investing in apartment syndications has become an increasingly popular way for investors to grow their wealth in the real estate market. This type of investment allows individuals to pool their money together to purchase large apartment complexes, which are then managed by a professional syndicator. There are several reasons why investing in apartment syndications can […]

Read More →